Now is the time to prepare for the relaunch your coffee business, refreshed and reinvented for the post COVID-19 era.
It’s tough times for everyone. However, we are looking for some positives in all the negatives and have developed a 10-point COVID-19 recovery program to support you. We recorded a series of videos to take you through each of the 10 steps we work on in our MASTERCLASS COVID-19 Recovery Program
The first step of our 10 point COVID-19 Recovery plan is to go back to WHY you started your coffee business in the very first place…
The alternative is to open as you closed, like a dusty time capsule from a past era. Over the last few weeks the world has changed, you have changed, your guests have changed, your business needs to change to thrive in this new reality.
The Cafe Success 10 point program will take you on a journey to reinvent your business, we will work with you personally through our live masterclass sessions then support you for a full 12 months.
Stop for a moment to reflect on WHY you got into this business in the first place? What do you enjoy about running your coffee business, what are the things that make you smile & laugh, the things that make it worthwhile.
List out the benefits of running your own business, like flexibility, being your own boss.
- Spend some time then to identify anything that prevents good things from happening more often.
- Build a vision of what you would like your perfect business to look and feel like, add some numbers and some deadlines to make it feel more real.
- For example, do you want to make more profit or have more time for yourself? Do you want to contribute more to the local community or share your passion with others?
- Then list out the changes you need to make to get there.
- If you want to make more money, it's a combination of the little % on each line of your P&L that will get you there. It won't just be one thing that will move the needle.
- Likewise, if you want more time for yourself, that will only come through employing and training great people and systemizing everything.
- Consider also your guests won't be the same as they were the day lockdown was announced. Their outlook will have changed by being away from family & friends. Their working life will have altered through the realization that working remotely is possible and their office may never re-open.
Now is also an excellent time to think about your end game, do you want to grow, either fast or slow, are happy with the status quo, but what happens when it's time to move on.
Will you retire, sell up or pass your business on to the family?
There is much you can do to protect the hard work you have put in over the years. As well as maximize the value of your business when the time comes.Things like safeguard your IP and making sure you are not stuck with onerous leases.