Do I Need A Licence?

Yesterday I had a call from an old friend, Tracey, who wanted to start selling coffee and cakes a few hours a week at their campsite.

They had had a few coffee vans come on-site over the last few years but now wanted to do it themselves.

Like many of our clients, their first port of call was the equipment suppliers. They rang and spoke to a few about buying a new coffee machine and were pointed in the direction of a few different models, gradually getting more and more confused over the choice of machines available.

Tracey was unsure of the rules around selling coffee and food, so one of the questions asked was, will I need a licence to do this?

Each time the suppliers' answer was NO!

In other words, buy our machine and don't worry about it.

At best, you could attribute this dangerous advice to Salespeople with a target to hit and family to feed, at worst it was deception.

In both the UK and the US, there is a legal requirement to get the relevant permits. It varies depending on where you are operating.

If you don't, and here is a direct quote from the UK's food business registration page 'You may be fined, imprisoned for up to 2 years or both if you run a food business without registering.'

Having access to expert advice in your set up phase will not only save you time, money and stress, but it may also  keep you out of prison!

The best way to start up a new coffee shop, cafe, coffee cart or kiosk is

We have recorded our acclaimed in-person training that people paid over £1000 to attend and added every handout, spreadsheet and resource.

You will get our combined experience of actually running a successful independent coffee shop business. With all our proven strategies and unique content that up to now has only available to our 1:1 clients.

On top of that, you can ask us anything in our private coaching group and be guaranteed that we will give you honest impartial advice.